Monday, May 20, 2013

My Home

I thought you might want a look into my house and the place that I've called home for the last five months.

For the first seven months in El Capulin, I lived with a host family whom I love so much. They are some of my best friends here and I view the kids as my siblings. But after sharing a fairly small space with between four and six people every day, I was ready to move out on my own.

I am living in an apartment attached to the house of  my "host aunt." Her parents, my "host grandparents" both died in the last two years so it is just us ladies. She is twenty-six years old and works at the national electric company. She is awesome and it is really nice having a friend close by.

Here is a tour:



                            Looking to the left through my front door, and straight ahead.

                                                                         My "office"


                                                  My living room and workout space
                                                 

 My bedroom.... Shelves made by Megan and Kaitlin when they visited me. Super MacGyver style.

Mosquito net is a necessity. Although I still got dengue.... 

Looking into the kitchen


Bathroom off of the kitchen. It doesn't flush.



My backyard. I need to rake.
And where those flags are flying is one of my schools. They know when I'm skipping school.

Where I do my laundry, usually with the company of a horse on the other side of the fence.


I was going to clean before I took these pictures but I thought it would be a lie. So you see it exactly how it is. 



3 comments:

  1. I forgot about the Dengue! I'm not coming...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings from Other Places Travel Guides! We’re a travel guide publisher (started by RPCVs) focused on line of travel guides all written and researched by RPCVs. For more on the project, please visit www.otherplacespublishing.com, or check out the winter edition of Worldview magazine where Other Places is featured. We’re currently recruiting writers for our 2014 line of titles and would love to add Costa Rica to our list of titles. As a writer, we thought you may be interested in an opportunity to work on a travel guide for your country of service. For more information, please shoot me an email at cbeale [at] otherplacespublishing [dot] com.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your home looks lovely, but the facade of your house is my favorite. I could imagine myself reading a good book while lying on my back on the swing. Anyway, your life in Costa Rica sounds fun. I guess that's always a part in living in another country - experiencing something new, meeting new people, and discovering the wonderful scenery. Enjoy!

    Katy Desroches @ Dominical-Real-Estate.com

    ReplyDelete